These days it is not uncommon for a young girl of marriageable age to refuse to undergo the Lip Plate scarification as this woman did. This tradition is usually carried out when a female reaches the age of 14/15. A lip plate is a status symbol and signifies beauty. It also can help the girls family fetch a larger dowry price.
- All prints are signed by Louisa Seton
- Production time is 5 to 7 days not including shipping time. Shipping estimate is provided on check out page
- Shipping is worldwide
- All prints are custom printed per order received
- All photographs are printed on archival cotton rag paper
- Print sizes in the drop-down menu corresponding to the actual image size. Surrounding each image is an additional white border making the print much larger in actual size.
- Print is unframed, please contact us to discuss if you would like your print framed we will happily supply you with a quote.