With a focus on femininity, sexuality, escapism, memory, fantasy, desire, luxury and the perfect face that we like to present to the world, the artist has had a lifelong obsession and influence from the colliding worlds of fashion, advertising, art and design, as well as her own journey through the battleground of being a woman, an image of a woman, a mother and a female voice. Broadhurst’s training is as varied as a Diploma in Makeup Artistry, Interior Design, a bachelor of Visual Communications, and currently Fine Arts, where a solid training of colour, composition, layout, and psyche all draw the viewer through a perfectly poised image of allure, posing the question what is beautiful, why do we desire things?
The untamed natural beauty inside versus the staged, polished, edited and cropped versions that we present to others and consume daily. A sterile "face" or image of anonymity filled with so much emotion, all that burns underneath the "skin". The images leave you with a pretty picture that you can read into wherever your mind takes you. A memory, a prompt to look within yourself, an emotion, a colour, a smell. Beauty exists in all that is around us, in nature, in simplicity, even in the mundane. Let her carefully staged compositions seduce you to find the hidden beauty within all.
- Sizes quoted are unframed image size.
- All photographs are printed on fine art paper using archival pigments and include an extra 5cm white border for signature, hand signed and numbered in limited editions.
- Worldwide shipping in a mailing tube included in price or local pick up from the artists studio in Edgecliff, Sydney.
- Please allow 5 business days for printing, 3-4 business days for shipping domestic, 7-10 business days for global shipping.
- Custom sizes and framing available on request.
- All works are made to order and non-refundable.