- A materials library with plenty of natural light
- A private meeting room
- Plenty of storage space
- A functional and beautiful kitchen space
- An integrated coffee machine that makes incredible coffee
- Lots of spacious workspace
- Beautiful design features and some material surprise to enthuse and delight.
We started with the palette which we wanted to work from, many of our favourite finishes here! –
- Porter’s Obsidian – a stunning neutral navy which we simply cannot get enough of!
- Dulux White on White – timeless and fresh
- Black framed windows – we are using this detail to divide our meeting room and samples library so that plenty of natural light is carried throughout the space.
- Black Butt timber – bringing in some natural warmth
- Marble – we are going to use one of our favourite Caesarstone designs, White Attica to bring in the luxury of stone.
- Designer handles – using stunning leather tabs and brass pulls from the team at MadeMeasure.
- Leather Accents – one of the most exciting inclusions will be a leather wall which we are including in the main room of the office. We are using an exceptional tobacco coloured leather from the team at NSW Leather to bring this to life – luxury, here we come!
- Contemporary silhouettes: Using beautiful Pleated Wall Hooks from Marz Designs will also bring a contemporary aesthetic to the space. We are going to install these hooks at each desk to hang globe lighting from, creating exceptional task lighting.
- Curb appeal: we plan on adding some tiled featured to the exterior facade of the space from Earp Bros … after an incredible visit to their new Sydney Showroom we were so inspired to incorporate some of their beautiful tiles into the exterior of the studio!Then came the considerations of appliances and fixtures to keep the design feeling luxurious and fresh.
Melissa & Harriet were able to extend the kitchen space in the existing floor-plan of the office, making room for a much needed bathroom remodel and a new kitchen space. When it came to the kitchen we wanted to incorporate some of the incredible products we have been sampling in our property developments recently at Ayana House. The first thing that came to mind was the Fisher & Paykel Integrated Coffee Machine. This coffee machine was installed in the kitchen at Ayana House and we have been so thrilled with the quality and ease in the coffee that it produces. This was high on our list of priorities for the new studio, not only for us to enjoy but our clients too! We also decided to include the Integrated DishDrawer, built in Combination Microwave Oven and slide in 600mm Fridge/Freezer Cabinet from Fisher & Paykel – keeping the appliances all matching brings a sense of order and simplicity to the space.
The sink and tap in a kitchen is an important decision in a commercial office because they get plenty of use, sometimes even more than in a residential home! We choose the Franke Ancona sink from the team at REECE Bathrooms Waverley after being thrilled by the quality of the Franke Sink installed at Ayana House. This sink will play back beautifully against the Sussex Scala Square Spout Sink Mixer (a timeless choice for any bathroom!) we are having this tap custom finished by Sussex to be matt black, matching the taps in the bathroom (more on these further down). If you have been searching for a beautiful tap then Sussex is the perfect place to begin your journey, we specify Sussex often for clients who want something special in their kitchen or bathroom, with a range of colours and metals to choose from, you are able to truely customise the look and feel of your fixture.
The bathroom was an equally important and difficult area to design, given the compact space. We decided to use beautiful fixtures and fittings here to ensure a minimal aesthetic therefore adding to a sense of space. We fell instantly in love with the Milli Pure range designed by Sussex Taps available exclusively through Reece Bathrooms- the matt black finish is modern but also very minimal and perfect for the space! (we are using this tap for our basin but there is a large range to chose from in the collection). We decided to pair the Milli Pure Matte Black Basin Mixer with the Omvivo Arki470 basin, a contemporary capsule-shaped bowl, perfectly suited to small powder rooms. We cannot get enough of Omvivo’s beautiful solid surface products, the smooth matt finish is exceptionally hard wearing and we try to use them in as many of our projects as we can – so having one in our office will be a daily delight!
The B2 Construction team have already begun and now we can start to see this plan come to life!
Stay tuned to see the project take shape over the next few weeks- follow us on Instagram for updates!