Light done right
When it comes to re-decorating, renovating or building a lighter palette is often the go-to choice, but it can be hard to get the balance right. Palettes which use too much white can often look stark and un-inviting, whereas a mix of too many different tones can look messy. We asked our designers Margo and Larissa to share with us their perfect mix of light tones to incorporate into your next project… Larissa: Every project is different but some of my favourite tones to mix together are:
- White-washed oak floors:for instant casual yet cool style, perfect for beach-houses too!
- Marble:a timeless classic, use for tiles, bench-top or as decor throughout the home.
- Neutral velvets:introduce velvet with a cushion, or re-upholster a tired armchair for instant glamour!
- Luxurious natural linens:add a neutral print, these cushions are a must for a sofa in need of some love.
- Dulux Natural Whitepaint: a designers go-to, works in any room.
- Sheer linen curtains:use against windows in sunny rooms, they diffuse light but also blow beautifully in a breeze.
- Natural Oak:whether used on the floor, joinery or as accents on furniture
- Dulux Vivid White:this paint colour works beautifully against darker colours to make them pop but also works well in light soaked rooms and isn’t too creamy.
- Dulux Subdue:rich yet soft, this paint works beautifully on joinery or as a wall colour in the living or bedroom.
- Quantum Quartz in Ash Grey:The perfect benchtop tone
- Natural Jutes:We adore the natural jute rugs by Armadillo and Co, the quality cannot be beaten.
- Monochrome hides:a hide rug, cushion or throw– the more the better!
GET THE LOOK