Hunting design in Canberra
Margo and Larissa, from the TDH design team, recently spent a weekend meandering through Canberra’s eateries and art galleries. For native New Yorker Larissa, the drive to the Australian capital was also an eye opener, with an introduction to the The Big Merino in Goldburn and a peak at some of Bowral’s quaint attractions. A highlight for the ladies was the interior decor and design they absorbed while staying at Hotel Hotel. Followed closely by the food and beverages they consumed at nearby restaurants. If you want to follow the footsteps of the design duo, they have created a simple itinerary for all you design hunters:
- Take the scenic route and stop in Bowral for homewares browsing.
- Make a quick stop at the farmers market for some road trip snacks.
- Introduce yourself to The Big Merino in Goldburn.
- Stay at Hotel Hotel in Canberra.
- Dinner at EightySix. “Amazing food, service, interior and wine,” says Margo.
- After dinner drinks at Parlour Room. DAY TWO.
- Quick croissant and coffee to start the day at Baker.
- Ride hired bikes from the hotel to the NGA to see the latest exhibition.
- Lovers of coffee must visit The Cupping Room – a concept cafe designed to take you on a flavour journey. You will also find the winner of the World Barista Championships behind the coffee machine.
- Delicious brunch at Mocan & Green Grout.
- Spend the afternoon relaxing by the fire in the Hotel Hotel lobby and marvelling at every perfectly quirky designed nook available.